Leica puts a new spin on their perennial favorite, the 10x42 Trinovid HD Binocular with phase corrected prisms that are coated with highly reflective multi-coatings to increase reflectivity, and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics to boost light transmission through the lenses. These optical coatings work together to produce high-contrast images with true color rendition and minimal distortion. This optical performance is coupled with a powerful 10x magnification, wide apparent angle of view and generous eye relief to produce an immersive viewing experience.
Complementing the views produced by the Trinovid HD are construction details that make this optic able to stand up to the rigors of a life lived on the trail. First is a lightweight, sturdy, and corrosion-resistant magnesium alloy chassis that makes this binocular light and easy to handle. The body is covered with a textured rubber armor that protects it from bumps and impacts while giving it a slip-resistant grip in cold or wet conditions. Its optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to make it waterproof and submersible as well as fogproof when moving between extreme temperature fluctuations. To make handling the Trinovid easier are tethered objective lens covers that flip down and out of the way for observing, plus an ocular rainguard that attaches to the strap.
- 10x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Compact roof prism optical path
- P40 phase corrected prism coatings increases contrast and provides true color rendition
- HLS (HighLux System): Highly reflective coatings on prisms reduce internal light loss
- HDC anti-reflection fully multi-coatings increase light transmission throughout optical path
- 340' field of view at 1000 yards
- Wide 61° apparent angle of view
- Short 5.3' close focus distance