The FN 509F MRD-LE1 delivers more precision and versatility than any other duty-rated handgun. Building on the proven FN 509 lineup, the exclusive upgrades for law enforcement place every advantage in officers’ hands, with unmatched accuracy from a striker-fired handgun. Making up the new high-performance package is a conical striker, flat-faced duty-rated trigger, and the FN Low-Profile Optics-Mounting System™?, for fast sight acquisition and consistent shot placement.
3-dot tritium sights co-witness with the MRD, for maximum sighting versatility and a clean sight picture, day or night. The industry’s most comprehensive and adaptable optics mounting platform, allows armorers to quickly mount common duty-rated optics.
The 509 MRD-LE is the choice for agencies that can’t settle for less than 100% reliability. With unmatched longevity in the most demanding trails, the FN 509 platform has been tested beyond 1-million rounds, chosen by departments for its compatibility with a wide variety of training and duty ammunition. With a polished feed ramp and chamber, consistent feeding and extraction exceed every standard.
The smooth, drop-safe trigger compliments the perfect sight picture. FN’s precision trigger and high-performance striker, adapted from the FN 509 LS Edge™, has a positive wall before a clean break, improving accuracy for all officers. With a target-crowned, hammer-forged barrel, a lifetime of tight groups is in reach.
- Patented FN Low-Profile Optics Mounting System fits most MRDs
- Precision accuracy with unmatched sighting versatility
- Duty-rated trigger breaks cleanly at 90°
- Superior ergonomics for maximum speed and control
- Quickly mount MRDs with the FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System™
- 3-dot tritium night sights co-witness to MRD, rear sight dovetail driftable
- Front and rear cocking serrations for clean slide manipulations
- External extractor, loaded chamber visual indicator
- Drop-safe, duty-rated fire control group
- Best-in-class flat-face trigger breaks cleanly at 90°
- New, high-performance conical striker reduces trigger pull weight by ˜1-lbs.
- 4.5-lbs. to 6.0-lbs. trigger pull
- 4.5? Target-crowned, hammer forged barrel for precision accuracy
- Polished chamber and ramp for reliable feeding and extraction across ammunition types
Frame & Magazine:
- Three interchangeable backstraps fit all hand sizes, improves sight recovery
- Multi-surfaced texture for the perfect grip and faster follow up shots
- Mil-Std 1913 rail fits all common weapon lights
- Ambidextrous slide stop
- Right-hand only magazine release
- Black 17-rd magazines, high-vis low-friction follower
- Three interchangeable backstraps
- Three 17-round magazines
- Four MRD mounting plates
- Owner’s manual
- Locking device
- FN Ballistic case
MAG CAPACITY: 17 Rd.
WEIGHT: 27 oz.
BARREL LENGTH: 4.5"
OVERALL LENGTH: 7.9"
TWIST RATE: 1:10" RH
TRIGGER PULL: 4.5 lb. -6.0 lb.
SIGHT RADIUS: 5.79
When ordering, put your dealers business name and address into the SHIP TO section and then have them e-mail us a copy of their FFL.