At the heart of this load is the NEW 75 grain bullet infused with technology from the industry leading Critical Duty® FlexLock® pistol bullets.
Complementing the bullet is a new propellant developed specifically for optimal performance in short-barreled rifles. This propellant completely fills the case, but loads at significantly lower charge weights than standard propellants. It delivers a progressive burn rate, yet burns clean with minimal flash. Its uniform velocity and pressure performance combine to make the 5.56 TAP SBRÐ²â€žÑž incredibly efficient in short-barreled rifles.
In addition, the 5.56 TAP SBRÐ²â€žÑž load provides exceptional performance in both suppressed and unsuppressed short-barreled weapons. In comparison to the 5.56 62 gr TAP® Barrier load, sound signature tests have shown significant reductions of 6 to 7 decibels, and the dramatic efficiency of the round results in a 15 to 20 percent temperature reduction. Furthermore, youÐ²Ð‚â„¢ll realize reduced fouling and a controllable rate of fire in automatic platforms.
The new 5.56 TAP SBRÐ²â€žÑž load from Hornady® provides truly outstanding terminal performance through all FBI barriers and is the first load specifically designed for short-barreled rifles.
- Designed only for use in 5.56 NATO Short Barreled Rifles
- Exceptional performance in both suppressed and unsuppressed short-barreled weapons.
- Provides approximately 50 % less muzzle flash
- Utilizes a new propellant developed specifically for optimal performance in short-barreled rifles.
- 5.56 NATO 75 GRAIN TAP® SBRÐ²â€žÑž
- Meets FBI Barrier Penetration protocol and accuracy requirements.
Must be 21 to order!