Used by Colt and several other top manufactures to assemble barrel nuts and other parts.
Molykote® G-n Metal Assembly Paste is an extreme-pressure lubricant for assembly, press fitting, threaded connections, running-in and maintenance. Molykote G-n Metal Assembly Paste is a multi-purpose, heavy duty lubricating paste containing a blend of molybdenum disulfide and white solid lubricants in a mineral oil. It helps prevent galling during run-in, helps extend the service life of moving parts, and helps protect against fretting wear and corrosion as well as welding of static joints. Molykote G-n Metal Assembly Paste can be applied in a thin film to clean surfaces by either Burnishing (rub on with a clean, lint-free cloth) or by brushing (brush on, preferably using a brush with short, stiff bristles). FYI: This product is a "paste" and not a grease. A grease is an "emulsion" - think of mayonnaise - of an oil with a "soap" emulsifier, commonly lithium stearate in the case of many greases. A paste is more of a "suspension" of solid particles, in this case micronized molybdenum disulphide and other solid lubricants, in a liquid carrier, in this case a light mineral oil. This is why some separation of the oil can occur during storage but may be readily mixed back in by stirring.
- Excellent protection against fretting wear and corrosion.
- Extends service life.
- Low friction.
- Lubricate beyond the yield point of most metals in boundary applications, reducing wear and helping to prevent seizing, galling and excessive friction.
- Aid run-in and reduce frictional force and surface damage.
- Low coefficient of friction allows for effective conversion of torquing force into holding force; reduces the force required for disassembly of threaded fasteners.
- Assembly lubricant â€“ reduces torque in tightening threaded fasteners and tension variation from bolt to bolt; eases disassembly and reduces chance of damage.
- Helps prevent fretting wear and corrosion, and cold welding of bearing shafts, bushings and splines.
- Press-fitting lubricant â€“ allows press fitting without chatter or stick-slip in most cases; reduces the force required for interference fitting and minimizes distortion.